Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Things in my journal 2003

A list if camp memories.
- Playing in the rain with Devon. (The first child I ever got to interact with on a daily basis who is autistic)
- Death threats from Sheena. (even at 18 people wanted to kill me.)
- 'This hill is ignorant'. (a direct quote about a really big hill we had to walk up several times a day.)
- Learning to play chess (and falling in love while doing it.)
- Jimmy's 'I killed him Gilbert moment'. (he squashed a bug and then cried and prayed for it.)
- Hugs. (so many kids so many hugs. Everywhere I've worked since this place has been 'hands off'.)


A failed attempt at poetry.
You called for a favor yesterday and cried to me about your life
you have no idea what you do to me on the inside
you make it so hard to say no
I want you back but I don't.

Favorite quotes
'Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length' Robert Frost

'Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be' Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: