Saturday, January 17, 2009

Frak you social life

It's always interesting attempting to explain to people what's so awesome about a show that airs on the sci-fi channel when they just aren't that into it. You can try to explain what a Peabody Award is or how it's like the West Wing in space with more shooting and fake swears but they just don't get it. We're so indoctrinated with crap TV that when something good comes along many won't give it a chance because it's different and on cable. BSG hasn't changed much but I know it set a bar for what I expect out of television programming and let me tell you the Biggest Loser, American Idol, Superstars of Dance, The Bachlor or any of The Hills spin-offs couldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

If you don't watch Battlestar you should. All you have to do is go to the sci-fi channel site for the show and do the 'catch the frak up' bits and you'll be ok to go. I'm not saying watching all the episodes wouldn't be better but the catching up will at least get you going. Don't be daunted by the myths and such of the show because it's going to end meaning it's only been on for four seasons (ok so maybe it's been more like five or six years but really four seasons and a mini-series). Trust me when I say you're missing out on the gratest show on tv if you aren't watching.

So the long and short of it is when people at work ask me if I'm going out on friday and I say 'frak no I'm watching BSG tonight' it's in no way a bad thing because they're the ones missing out.

No comments: