Monday, November 9, 2009

Friendship Quotes

Effy: Pandora, why are we friends? Do you ever wonder?
Pandora: Well that's super easy. You're my friend coz you're the coolest ever. And I'm yours coz I'd totally do anything you say, and none of your boyfriends ever wanna surf me coz I'm useless.
Effy: And that's it?
Pandora: Yeah.



If you haven't seen Skins before then you should simply because of the many different commentaries on friendships and how friendships change as people grow away from others and closer together. Seriously if you haven't seen it do.

I'm fortunate to have had the same best friend since pre-school. It's strange to have someone who's known you since the time you started to really form memories. It's strange to have that change over the years. My best friend recently got married and this is the first I've talked about it. Truth was I didn't know how to bring it up for a long time. It was a big shift to have to give my best friend up like that. Sure she had been dating this guy for 8 years but getting married officially made her someone elses best friend. It was just a strange moment to have everything change so quickly.

I've had other friendship changes too. Some people are in your life for an amazing time teaching you something amazing about yourself in the world and then they naturally drift away. I have some friends who taught me so much about myself and life that I will forever be in their debt. We're hardly more than facebook friends now saying happy birthday when the notifs come up or commenting on pictures they recently uploaded.

What never fails us are the memories. Friendships fleeting or forever we have the memories.

No comments: