Friday, November 14, 2008

Picture Friday!

I've been having fun posting pictures so I decided to do a project I've done on a number of past crappy blogs (lj) I've had. So I take my camera (really my black berry because I'm to lazy to carry my real camera it's to big) around and take random photos throughout the day. It's been a pretty chill day and here's the proof.

It was about 65 degrees today with tons of sunshine. This is one of the many sunflowers we have outside my building. This is me looking up at the flower which are all about to the second floor windows. That's 10ft-ish.

Some of the craft ribbon I had on my desk from working on Christmas/birthday presents I'll be giving. If I don't' start now I'll never get them done. Yes, the ribbon says 'smile'.

An apple for lunch. I had a big breakfast so it was a nice choice. It was actually a really great apple. Something it's nice to just crunch into one when that's what you're really craving. The tape there is a new converter for the tape deck in my car so I can listen to my i-pod in all the speakers again!


The view from the drivers seat of my car trying to help my drag queen neighbor jump his car. I'm pretty sure he hooked it up wrong and blew his engine with a big ol' pop and a black puff of smoke. If he had blown mine I would have cried because neither of us have the money to get it fixed.


The i-pod connected and sitting on the passenger seat of my car. I really hate the radio (aside from NPR news) because of all the commercials and generally dislike a lot of the music they play.

Candy making! This would be white chocolate melting in the pot. We made white, yellow, red and gingerbread colored chocolate molds tonight. Renee our pastor's daughter helped out making a big mess but she was enthusiastic and fun and glad I brought music which I always do.


This is Renee's hand print in the hard tack candy we made. I think this was the watermelon batch. We made peppermint, peach, watermelon, root beer and strawberry.

Finished hard tack coated with powdered sugar so it doesn't stick together in the bags. It's pretty cool when it's hard in a flat sheet you hit it with pretty much anything and it shatters like crazy. It always makes me thing of the sugar art people do on the food network.

All the candy we made is going to be sold for the church. Usually most churches have old ladies that do the work but our old ladies are to old so my Mom and Aunt do it. I got roped in yet again this year. I was also signed up to make 10 dozen cookies. That's a crazy amount of cookies and all of one kind. I'm making basic sugar with chocolate drizzle on top. Simple and pretty.

To be filed under random and funny: I changed my face book status the other day to 'Going to Mexico with Manda' (Manda is my best friend since pre-school). I got all kinds of comments from people saying 'to have fun on my trip'. I'm not going to Mexico. We were at the Mexican restaurant in town that we all call 'Mexico'. I in no way have money to go to Mexico and if I had money for a trip I can think of 10 places I would go before Mexico.

Random 5: Places I would go before Mexico.

-Amsterdam. I always thought it looked like an interesting place for relatively obvious reasons.

-Ireland. I've heard lovely things and would love to check it out for myself.

-Egypt. I've never been to the desert so I need to go... and they have Pyramids.

-Greece. Ancient things look so amazing and I've been told the people of the Greek islands are lovely.

-Bar Harbor, Maine. I've been before. It's really beautiful and I would love to visit again. You can see whales from the road!

No comments: