Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BEDA:Twenty Seven

I hate people on tv and in movies who give me unreal expectations of how my hair should look. I was watching Gossip Girl (no mocking please I like all the pretty boys and clothes!) and my hair is longer than the majority of the characters now and it still looks like I'm constantly in a real wind tunnel not a sexy breeze tunnel that makes your hair look perfect tunnel. I've been putting up with purse straps on my hair, random people touching it, getting all kinds of still from cake batter to pickle juice in the ends when they just fall into stuff (not at work I pull it back when I cook at work!) and it's still not great hair. I can't even make it all stay in a side ponytail and people with a bob can make that style work for them!

I think I can take my unreal hair expectations back to Disney. I mean come on how could the Ariel have perfect hair UNDER WATER!?!?! Don't even get me started on everyone having perfect eyelashes in cartoons either. I'm pretty sure they didn't have lengthening and curling mascara in ancient Greece, a fairytale forest or African jungle (yeah that's right NALA I'm calling you out you mascara wearing Lion.)

I say all this now because the weather is starting to get warm. My hair will now become even more of a pain in the ass as it hangs over my neck and face becoming a giant head warmer that attracts the heat of the sun to its dark color. I know I'll be wishing I could cut it off everyday form now till Oct. The problem is if I cut it now I know I would cry about it later.

Ugh. Hair Trauma.

No comments: